Dr. John Blenio is a rotator cuff specialist and the author of
“A Systematic Approach to Resolving Shoulder and Rotator Cuff Injuries.”
His unique shoulder rehabilitation protocol (The Blenio Protocol) has been successfully used for the treatment of the following rotator cuff and shoulder injuries:
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Impingement Syndrome
- Grade 1 Rotator Cuff tears
- Grade 2 Rotator Cuff Tears (following physical therapy, or after sufficient healing time)
- General Rotator Cuff Strains
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Rotator Cuff Bursitis
- Calcific Tendinitis
- Adhesive Capsulitis (aka, Frozen Shoulder)
- Posture Associated Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder and Rotator Cuff Overuse Injuries
CAUSES OF SHOULDER AND ROTATOR CUFF PAIN
To resolve shoulder pain and rotator cuff injuries, a skilled practitioner must address the causes of muscular and fascial dysfunction within the shoulder complex.
There are primary, secondary, and tertiary components of dysfunction:
- Rotator Cuff Muscular Spasm
- Trigger Points (Muscle Knots) within the Rotator Cuff Muscles
- Fascial Adhesion and Scar Tissue Buildup within the Rotator Cuff Muscles
- Shoulder Joint (Glenohumeral Capsule) Restrictions
- Scapular Stabilizer Muscle Tension and Tightness
- Neck (Cervical Erectors) Muscle Tension and Tightness
- Trigger Points (Muscle Knots) within the Triceps Muscles
- Spasm within the Triceps Muscles
- Neck (Cervical) and Upper Back (Thoracic) Joint Restrictions
- Pectoralis Minor Muscle Spasm
- Subclavius Muscle Spasm
RESOLVING PAIN IN THE SHOULDER AND ROTATOR CUFF
To resolve the pain and dysfunction, a very targeted approach must be utilized. This approach must include the following therapeutic methods:
- Myofascial Distortion Correction
- Scar Tissue Stripping
- Adhesion Release
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Ischemic Compression
- Spinal Mobilization (Chiropractic).
The Blenio Protocol
The Blenio Protocol is an integration of the therapeutic methods outlined above. It is a shoulder and rotator cuff rehabilitation system that resolves most shoulder and rotator cuff problems in as few as 5-10 treatments. The success of this therapeutic approach occurs when a very specific application of the techniques above are applied.
The Blenio Protocol can be learned by attending Dr. Blenio’s seminar for the Rotator Cuff Rehabilitation Specialist certification. The seminar is intended for Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, Kinesiologists, and other health and wellness professionals.
Most shoulder pain and rotator cuff dysfunction does not require surgery, and can be completely resolved with conservative care. The reason for this is because most cases are non-traumatic, and are a result of repetitive motion, overuse, and poor cervical, thoracic, and shoulder posture.
Dr. John Blenio is a Doctor of Chiropractic practicing in San Mateo, California. He is the owner of High Amplitude Health Chiropractic and Sports Injury.
If you are seeking treatment for shoulder pain or a rotator cuff injury, you can schedule an appointment online at HighAmplitudeHealth.Com.
If you are a health and wellness professional, and you would like to become certified as a Rotator Cuff Rehabilitation Specialist, please call 650-735-1716 to find out about the nearest certification seminar.